A Fortune 500 medical manufacturing
The customer wanted to establish
regulatory and quality standards across
its diverse business processes involving
SAP, Salesforce, and various other
Avo Assure, a no-code and heterogeneous test automation solution, enabled end-to-end test automation with a few clicks of the buttons, delivering higher quality.
- Automated over 1000 test cases
- 65% test execution cost savings
- 4x improvement in test coverage
- 69% effort savings
- Improved end-to-end business process governance
CUSTOMER BUSINESS OBJECTIVES
This manufacturing company pioneers the specialty surgical table. It has revolutionized the industry in the last 40+ years collaborating with surgeons and healthcare providers to bridge the gaps in operating room inefficiencies. Their products simplify procedures, improve precision, reduce risks, and radically change the surgical table market. Being the largest medical devices manufacturers, they specialize in orthopaedic and spine surgery tables.
One of the changes they wanted to implement was testingtheir business processes more efficiently to continue theinnovation-driven culture and bring about enterprisetransformation.
These business processes spanned SAP, Salesforce, and various other technologies.
Their primary challenge was ensuring business processes within and across SAP and Salesforce business systems meet regulatory and quality standards.
To achieve this, the current testing methodologies posed the following setbacks:
- While some of the testing was automated, most of it was still manual. It was tedious, time-consuming,and error-prone.
- SAP was the core business application, and the team faced various issues with automating its testing.
- End-to-end test automation was far from being a reality as the team faced challenges with tedious manual testing and code-driven automated testing that delivered lower quality.
- A high combined effort of 16,800-person testing-hours at $650K costs incurred.
- Even after bearing higher costs and efforts, the team achieved only 20% test automation coverage, testing only one scenario/week.
- The User Quality Acceptance was low.
Upon carefully assessing the challenges and the changes, they opted for Avo as their test automation solution.
Avo Assure is no-code test automation, a heterogeneous test automation solution that fundamentally transforms how you test applications. The easy-to-use UI and 1500+ pre-built keywords further expedite testing. It is certified for SAP, Oracle, and Salesforce and has been recognized as a ‘Leader’ in test automation on G2.
Here’s how Avo Assure helped overcome the test automation challenges:
1. Avo Assure is no-code test automation, a heterogeneous test automation solution that fundamentally transforms how you test applications. The easy-to-use UI and 1500+ pre-built keywords further expedite testing. It is certified for SAP, Oracle, and Salesforce and has been recognized as a ‘Leader’ in test automation on G2.
2. With pre-built SAP test cases, rapid test case design, and continuous execution, it automated over 1000 test cases.
3. Thus, the test automation coverage also increased to 80%, delivering rapid SAP S/4HANA test coverage expansion. The team now tested four scenarios/week.
4. Since Avo Assure is cross-platform compatible, it helped achieve test automation for SAP, Salesforce, and various other applications, thus achieving end-to-end test automation.
5. Together, the no-code approach, pre-built test cases, and heterogeneous capability significantly increased end-to-end business process governance practices and quality
6. The User Acceptance Quality was high.
1. Automated over 1000 test cases
2. Achieved 65% test execution cost and savings
3. 4x improvement in test coverage from 20% to 80%
4. Achieved 69% effort savings
5. Enhanced the teams’ capacity to test 4x faster
6. Rapidly improved end-to-end business process governance practices and quality