The bank wanted to upgrade its existing loan management system from risk-based to a fully-functional platform without negatively impacting its customers.
Avo Assure, an innovative test automation solution ensured 100% automation within 2 months enabling successful migration.
- Application delivered at a 2x faster rate
- Zero defects post-migration
- 96% decrease in post-migration testing time
CUSTOMER BUSINESS OBJECTIVE
This bank offers retail, commercial, investment, banking and mortgage services, and has 249 branches in the US. The bank wanted to upgrade its existing loan management system from risk-based to a fully-functional version without adversely impacting its customers. This required testing 14 loan applications, each comprising of around 4000+ scenarios.
The following were the challenges faced:
Manual testing of 4000+ test scenarios required about 4 weeks. Therefore, any changes to the code or the configuration needed 4 weeks to be tested end-to-end.
This delayed the completion of risk-based testing done by the upgradation team. The approach also offered an inadequate coverage of 10%.
As a quick-fix to avoid the delay, the team made updates in real-time. However, upon completion of the migration activity, there was no way to validate if functionalities from previous versions were intact and worked in sync with the latest changes.
AVO AUTOMATION SOLUTION
Avo Assure, a modern test automation solution, helped the bank’s IT team upgrade to a modern application testing approach. This is how:
- Achieved 100% automation: Avo Assure helped the IT team transform from a risk-based, low test automation coverage approach to a fully functional, 100% testing approach within a span of 2 months.
- Improved the extent of automation: The bank didn’t have an automation testing platform, hence the testing process was slow. With Avo Assure, the bank could automate 94% of testing, giving them the ability to run over 4000 test cases per day.
- Reduced regression testing time and efforts: The time-taken for regression testing reduced from 3 weeks to 21 hours, and required less manual intervention. This enabled frequent end-to-end execution of test cases involving multiple downstream applications.
- Expedited release time: The average time per release drastically decreased from 1–3 months to 1 week.
- Enabled business users: Being a no-code test automation solution, Avo Assure equipped the business users to execute the test cases before handing them over to the testing team.
- Low maintenance: The team maintains test cases that can be executed any time by the release manager, ensuring the critical functionalities worked as expected.
- Successfully migrated the loan processing applications with zero defects.
- Executed 4000+ test scenarios every day during the course of migration.
- Ensured 100% automation of the loan applications within 2 months.
- Reduced the post-migration testing time by 96%, utilizing the suite of test cases for all future releases.
- Enabled weekly release of new functionalities while delivering applications 2x faster.
- This further improved the customer experience.
- Decreased manual tasks and hence liberated employees to focus on more critical tasks.