Oracle Fusion cloud is a family of software applications that broadly spans four categories – Customer Relationship Management, Human Capital Management, Enterprise Resource Planning, and Supply Chain Management. Its cloud-based infrastructure is built around Fusion middleware and has seen higher adoption rates from a global clientele. Built from the ground up, it has a high degree of customizability that allows organizations to tailor each application to their specific business needs. It’s crucial to ensure that each Oracle Fusion application is bug-free, which isn’t always possible with manual testing.
What are the Challenges to Oracle Fusion Cloud Testing?
While Oracle Fusion is one of the best enterprise management solutions in the market, testing the applications can often be very difficult due to the inherent customizations and short update cycles.
Here are some of the biggest challenges that QA teams face when testing the Oracle Fusion cloud.
- Oracle has a quarterly release cycle for its Oracle Fusion cloud platform. Every time new updates are released, testers must conduct regression testing to ensure that the latest updates are integrated seamlessly. Conducting regression testing four times a year is time-consuming and cumbersome.
- The QA team must conduct rigorous functional and technical analyses of each new functionality. This requires a considerable level of expertise and technical specialization.
- Moreover, the production environment needs to be upgraded with every update, adding to the already inflated testing costs.
- If done manually, a minimum of 3-6 weeks of intensive testing is required to validate all the changes. This leaves little time for the personnel to focus on other business-critical tasks.
- Due to the object-heavy pages of Oracle Fusion applications, with thousands of customizations, testing even one scenario requires several hours of intense manual effort.
- The lack of time and resources can dramatically alter the test coverage, allowing defects and errors to slip through unnoticed. This affects the application quality and reduces overall productivity.
- Using script-based test automation software can affect testing efficiency. The underlying complexity of Oracle applications can break tests, compelling testers to rewrite scripts from scratch. Maintaining a script-based framework for test automation requires a lot of time and effort, which can be better utilized elsewhere.
- The Oracle Fusion cloud is a feature-intensive platform that offers several layers of customizability. The interconnected modules involve different technologies and interfaces, warranting the need for a test automation specialist to handle the workload.
How Does Test Automation Help?
Manual testing isn’t the ideal approach for Oracle Fusion cloud testing. It requires an innovative testing strategy that centers around extensive test automation. Using test automation to drive end-to-end coverage is the only way to keep up with the update release cycle of Oracle.
Here are three critical steps to developing a robust, all-encompassing Oracle Fusion cloud testing strategy.
- The first step is modularizing the architecture, making it easier to identify and test each sub-component at multiple levels.
- The second step is to choose the right Oracle cloud test automation tool. The test automation solution you pick must be certified for Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) integration.
- The last step is to design a testing framework suitable for the dynamism of the Oracle Fusion cloud. Maintaining and recording all the test cases is essential to enabling functional, regression, and scalability testing.
Test automation should form the core of your Oracle Fusion cloud testing strategy. It helps accelerate delivery in an agile environment and expands test coverage to identify every possible defect. There are many other ways that test automation impacts Oracle Fusion applications.
- Oracle Fusion cloud requires continuous testing, which can easily be facilitated with the right test automation solution.
- Automated testing also enables parallel testing 24/7, condensing the testing cycle.
- It reduces manual effort, which frees up resources to focus on other cognitive tasks.
- Test cases can be maintained and reused comprehensively, making testing new features and builds easier.
- It helps meet industry and regulatory standards. It can be scaled when required, making the entire process much more efficient.
Choosing the right test automation partner is imperative to successfully navigating Oracle Fusion cloud testing. Avo Assure, a no-code automation solution, ticks all the necessary boxes. It’s certified by Oracle, supports third-party integrations, and offers cross-platform testing across diverse web, mobile, mainframes, ERPs, and more technologies. It also has a pre-built library of 1400+ keywords that helps design test cases effortlessly.
It even helped a large Fortune 500 manufacturer implement Oracle Service Cloud for its digital customer service portal within an accelerated timeframe by achieving 100% test automation, a minimal 2-3% defect injection rate, and a stable system for continuous testing.
Schedule a demo today to see how Avo Assure can help you switch to automated testing for your Oracle Fusion applications.